Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day Gretchen

My Safe Place

Several things over the past month have been an incredible encouragement to me and have reminded me how special you are; I want to share them with you.

First, in class on Tuesday during our group time, Dr Beverley asked us the following question, “Where is your safe place, the place where you are real, the place you trust the most?” It took only a moment to realize that I have a safe place in my relationship with you. You are an amazing person and despite the normal ups and downs of life, our marriage has become a steadfast safe place where I know I can be real, honest, and accepted. My love and need for you is only second to my faith in God. I love you and cannot imagine how empty life would be without you. I also realize how truly blessed we were to marry so young and grow up together.


Second, while writing my personal bio for the website, I was blown away when I wrote that my favorite place to be is with my best friend, my wife. When I realized how true that statement really has become, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. Without a doubt you are my best friend, the person I choose above any other.


So, to my safe place and best friend, Happy Valentines Day 2009, I love you with all that I am and all that I will be. Thank you for being you, with me.

Love you,

Ed

4 comments:

Edward and Gretchen said...

Thank you. That really blesses me. I love you so very much and can't imagine my life without you. Thank you for sharing your life and love with me. I don't want to get too mushy on my own blog so we'll save the rest for later.

Gretchen

Mark said...

Aaaaahhhhh, how perfectly wonderful!

Edward and Gretchen said...

How much later??

Kelly said...

Wow! I read this blog and thought how sweet! Then I read the comments and felt like" Getta room people!" haha Just kidding!